Hey there safer skincare lover! Huge product announcement today!
Beautycounter’s OVERNIGHT RESURFACING PEEL ($58) launches today!
I’ve used this 2 nights already (and so has my husband) and can tell a difference in the smoothness and glowiness of our skin. Wonder what using it for a month will hold! Other consultants who have tried it on the backs of their hands and decolletage and are saying it is seriously helping with those age spots.
Top 4 things you need to know:
#1 It does NOT peel your skin. The word “peel” here means that it is dissolving and sloughing off thousands of dead skin cells (invisible to the naked eye), resurfacing skin to reduce hyperpigmentation, dryness, dullness, fine lines and oil-prone areas of your face.
#2 You do NOT peel it off your face. It looks, feels and goes on like a serum, and in the morning, you simply wash your face to wash away the dead skin. No extra steps needed, friends!
#3 It gives the RESULTS of an in-office treatment but without any downtime, redness, skin peeling, or burning. For some people, the first few applications may tingle, but this just means you’re benefitting from the AHAs!
#4 Yes, it’s safe to put acids on your face. In fact, the skin prefers acidic conditions and naturally creates an “acid mantle” on the top layer to protect from environmental hazards like bacteria, viruses, microbes and harsh weather conditions. Alpha hydroxy acids are commonly found in skincare products because of their powerful exfoliating capabilities.
MORE ABOUT THE PEEL:
15 botanically-derived acids promote cell turnover in this leave-on AHA/BHA peel that targets skin texture, the appearance of pores, fine lines, melasma, eczema, and dark spots—without irritation or over-drying. Glycolic, lactic, and malic acids clear away dull surface skin cells, while hyaluronic acid and essential fatty acids soothe and nourish to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. It is formulated without synthetic fragrances, PEGs, and formaldehyde-based preservatives commonly found in peels. This precise combination of acids optimizes performance while maintaining a pH level that doesn’t cause irritation.
HOW DOES THE PEEL ACTUALLY WORK?
To recover luminous, smooth skin, our Peel does 2 things: First, 9 resurfacing acids ( Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Phytic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxystearic Acid ) work together to renew the epidermal cells by removing dead skin cells from the stratum corneum (like breaking down the top layer of the skin). Second, a combination of 6 soothing acids ( Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Arginine (amino acid), Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Chlorogenic Acid (Vernonia Appendicula Leaf Extract), Oleic Acid (Rubus Ideaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil)) rehydrates and replenishes skin.
WHO IS THE PEEL NOT FOR?
If you are already working with a dermatologist, taking acne treatments, already using high-powered exfoliators or medical products, as well as people currently with a sunburn or if you have recently done a chemical peel ask your doctor before using it.
HOW DO I USE THE PEEL?
This product is a leave-on, nighttime treatment. Apply 1-2 pumps to a clean face and neck 3-4 times per week. May tingle upon application. Allow product to fully absorb (3-5 minutes), follow with moisturizer. An oil can be used after the peel, though a moisturizer is recommended to maximize the peel’s effectiveness. Leave Peel on overnight, it will absorb into the skin. Follow your usual skin care routine in the morning. Only use at night. The UV rays can interfere with the acids during the daytime.
WHAT IS THE ORDER OF APPLICATION FOR THE PEEL?
Use your daily regimen and add the Peel in place of a serum before a moisturizer. An example regimen with the inclusion of the Peel is as follows:
AM: Cleanse, Tone, Serum, Eye Cream, Moisturizer/Oil, Sunscreen
PM: Cleanse, Tone, Peel, Eye Cream, Moisturizer
WILL MY SKIN PEEL WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT?
No. The “peel” in this product signifies the peeling off of dead layers of skin, but this is happening in a gentle way and your skin will not visibly peel off.
IS THIS PEEL APPROPRIATE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN?
While I always recommend patch testing behind your ear, many with sensitive skin have said it works well for them. I typically have sensitive skin. I can’t even leave my favorite scrub on my face for very long or it gets really red. . . . but it exfoliates so well. Everyone can expect this product to give a light, tingly sensation (and maybe some redness which will calm down soon after) when first applied, though not everyone will feel this and not every time you use it. We’ve been totally ok with this product with no redness at all.
WHICH PRODUCTS SHOULD BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PEEL?
Moisturizer: Our Overnight Resurfacing Peel works well when followed with a night cream. Allow Peel to fully absorb 3-5 minutes before applying a moisturizer.
Sunscreen: It is recommended that prior to exposure to the sun, users cover areas where AHAs have been applied with sunscreen.
Exfoliator: Depending on skin type, there is still a place for a gentle exfoliator when using the Peel. We recommend exfoliating on alternate days to the evenings the peel is used
(i.e. Peel on Monday, Exfoliate Tuesday)
Mask: A mask has a different function to a peel. It removes impurities from pores, works to detoxify skin, and removes excess oil. If using a mask, apply it after cleansing, then follow with a toner, the Peel, and your moisturizer.
For a quirky but informative video from 2 of our chief executives click here to learn more.
DOES THE PEEL CONTAIN NUT-DERIVED INGREDIENTS?
Yes, the product contains sweet almond oil from almonds.
DOES THE PEEL CONTAIN DAIRY?
No, the lactic acid is derived from fermented sugar cane.
WHAT ARE OTHERS SAYING ABOUT THE PRODUCT?
- I also experienced a couple of blemishes healing much quicker and shrinking overnight.
- My skin had been feeling a little rough over the past month but it’s improved tremendously in the few times I’ve tried it (about 3 or 4).
- I’ve used it the last 3 nights! I had a big blemish on my cheek and it was really tingly and sensitive but decreased half its size the next morning. My face looked calmer this morning even though it’s been super sunny here the last week. I think it’s going to be a great summer essential for reducing sun spots and aging skin.
- I have (annoyingly) sensitive skin and am THRILLED to report that I experienced the same wonderful results (smoother skin, even complexion, etc) after a single use. I didn’t want to tempt a reaction with back-to-back usage, but so far, it worked for my sensitive skin.
- I’ve used it almost nightly and have seen a huge improvement in skin texture (smoother, significantly less oil) and less “angry” skin. I still have acne scars, but all of my active blemishes are calmed down and even the scars seem a little lighter.
- I’ve used it nightly with one day off and my skin is smoother, softer, and it is GLOWING. It tingles slightly when applying but no adverse reactions whatsoever, which is awesome since I have very sensitive skin. I also wanna shout it from the rooftops!
- Seriously, my favorite product we’ve released to date! I’ve used it 7-8 times in last 3 weeks and my skin texture is amazing! My skin is glowing, my makeup goes on so much better, and my blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars are diminishing. I’ve also been using the peel on my arms (1 pump per arm) for my keratosis pilaris and it’s clearing up so so fast! I honestly can’t believe it. Currently testing it on a client who has dermatitis and she’s getting great results so far!
- I’ve had bad hand eczema and it’s doing wonders on it after just two applications.
More FAQ’s can be found here.
Sign up for our Band of Beauty Perks Program and get a FREE Sunscreen Mist! Not a part of the Band of Beauty program yet? Today is the perfect day!
With the purchase of the peel, you will get:
- a FREE Travel Sunscreen Mist
- 15% credit towards future purchase for everything you purchase
- FREE shipping if you hit $100
- Exclusive Member Only offers!
Some complimentary items to go along with this Overnight Peel are the following:
If you’re not sure which skincare items or cosmetics may be right for you or your skin type just email me with some details about your skin, what you are trying to achieve, and products you’re interested in and I’ll get back to you within about 72-hours with my best recommendations.
If you are on my mailing list then you have access to the specials and freebies I’m giving away this month. If you want to be on my mailing list then please sign up at the bottom of the page!
Safer Skincare. Better Beauty. Cleaner Cosmetics. No Secrets Added.0