I’m a tech geek and a stationery/pen/pencil nerd. Yoga lover, lipstick hoarder, and Beautycounter consultant.
Well read. Southern. Lover of all things historic. I’d love a full passport from traveling the world.
I’m a quirky Southern gal and a tad rebellious.
I’m not an Atlanta native but I might as well be as I’ve lived here 32 of my 49 years. My fantasy home would be a stone cottage on the moors of Scotland near the ocean with lots of moss. Or a Paris apartment with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Or a beach bungalow on 30A.
One branch of my family has been in the South since 1628! I love to travel and have adventures but you’ll never take the South out of this girl. I’ve lived in L.A. (Lower Alabama), the Big D (Dallas), and the Peach State.
Those experiences will lend themselves to me writing about this changing American South I love so much. I also love doing consumer product reviews so that hopefully it helps you make a more informed decision about what you purchase. I love food and have recently moved to a low FODMAP, paleo, no sugar diet (well, I’m trying) so recipes will be here too. You’ll hear about some of my past medical issues in the hopes it may help some of you in your journey as well.
What fires me up?
- the color pink
- Garden & Gun Magazine and The Bitter Southerner
- books and reading, reading, and more reading……..I’m a major bookworm
- music (and I love it all…….well, maybe except for gangsta rap……I don’t like that)
- listening to podcasts
- teaching about cleaner cosmetics and safer skincare
- old movies (Rita Hayworth, Maureen O’Hara, Paul Newman, John Wayne, Liz, Marilyn, and on and on)
- being organized and efficient
- minimalism and the slow living movement (also see this)
- libraries and bookstores
- history; primarily of Southern USA, medieval Europe, France, Vikings, and Scotland
- historic preservation
- restorative and yin yoga
- beach time on 30A or Cape San Blas, FL
- Indiana Jones (I’ve wanted to be him when I grow up since Raiders of the Lost Ark!)
- women with moxie
- carnations, magnolias, ranunculus, peonies, lamb’s ear, and pink dogwoods
- the smell of limes and coconuts
- watercolor art
- my Mother’s lemon pound cake with icing and her carrot cake
- graphic design, home/interior design, jewelry design……….design!
- drooling over wedding blogs
- pottery and glassware
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Ann Richards, and Margaret Mitchell
- fonts, typography, and hand lettering/calligraphy
- fountain pens and fancy pencils
- pretty paper and stationery
- sweet tea
- calico, seersucker fabric, and grosgrain ribbon
Little known facts:
- I used to roller skate competitively. Seriously. It was the 80s. Don’t judge me.
- I donate monthly to Planned Parenthood, PBS, ACLU, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- I can roll my tongue.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday.
- I’m child-free by choice and I love it!
- Sometimes, there is nothing that can move me to tears like classical music can.
- I’m still waiting for the day all my freckles will grow together and I’ll have a really good tan but at this point they are just becoming age spots.
- I have a tattoo of Texas with a yellow rose going through it.
- I’m not shy. I like to have a good time…………..but, I’m very introverted. I’m perfectly happy being alone and yet I’m never lonely.
Swank WordPress Theme by Lindsey at Pretty Darn Cute Designs
Wordpress Theme Customizations by Susan at One Happy Studio
Custom Watercolor Illustration of me by Marianna at Winged Graphics
Social Share Icons by Beatrice Viyiwi (Etsy and Instagram)
Blog Maintenance by David at ClickWP
Wordpress Hosting via A2 Hosting
Domain Registration via Hover