I’m a tech geek and stationery/pen/pencil nerd. Lipstick hoarder and Beautycounter consultant. Well Read. Southern. Lover of all things historic. I’d love a full passport from traveling the world.
I’m not an Atlanta native but I might as well be as I’ve lived here 28 of my 46 years. My fantasy home would be a stone cottage on the moors of Scotland near the ocean with lots of moss. Or a Paris apartment with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Or a huge white-columned mansion in the South with a garden full of pink flowers.
I’m a quirky Southern gal with a rebel heart to the core and love all things southern. One branch of my family has been in the South since 1628! I love to travel and have adventures but you’ll never take the South out of this girl.
I’ve lived in L.A. (Lower Alabama), the Big D (Dallas), and the Peach State. Those experiences will lend themselves to me writing about this changing American South I love so much. I also love doing consumer product reviews so you’ll read a bunch of that so that hopefully it helps you make a more informed decision about what you purchase. I love food of course so recipes will be here too. You’ll hear about some of my medical issues in the hopes it may help some of you in your journey as well.
What fires me up?
- the color pink
- Garden & Gun Magazine and The Bitter Southerner
- books and reading, reading, and more reading……..I’m a major bookworm
- music (and I love it all…….well, maybe except for gangsta rap……I don’t like that)
- listening to podcasts
- old movies (Rita Hayworth, Maureen O’Hara, Paul Newman, John Wayne, Liz, Marilyn, and on and on)
- being organized and efficient
- libraries and bookstores
- history; primarily of Southern USA, medieval Europe, France, Vikings, and Scotland
- historic preservation
- beach time on 30A
- Indiana Jones (I’ve wanted to be him when I grow up since Raiders of the Lost Ark!)
- women with moxie
- carnations, magnolias, ranunculus, peonies, lamb’s ear, and pink dogwoods
- the smell of limes and coconuts
- watercolor art
- my Mother’s lemon pound cake with icing and carrot cake
- graphic design, home/interior design, jewelry design……….design!
- drooling over wedding blogs
- marriage equality
- pottery and glassware
- Elizabeth Gilbert and Margaret Mitchell
- fonts, typography, and hand lettering/calligraphy
- fountain pens and fancy pencils
- pretty paper and stationery
- sweet tea
- calico fabric and grosgrain ribbon
Little known facts:
- I used to roller skate competitively in the 80s. Seriously.
- I can roll my tongue.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday.
- I’m child-free by choice and I love it!
- Sometimes, there is nothing that can move me to tears like classical music can.
- I’m still waiting for the day all my freckles will grow together and I’ll have a really good tan.
- I have a tattoo of Texas with a yellow rose going through it.
- I’m not shy. I like to have a good time…………..but, I’m very introverted. I’m perfectly happy being alone and yet I’m never lonely.
- I’m a devout atheist.
Swank WordPress Theme by Lindsey at Pretty Darn Cute Designs
Wordpress Theme Customizations by Susan at One Happy Studio
Custom Watercolor Illustration of me by Marianna at Winged Graphics
Social Share Icons by Beatrice Viyiwi (Etsy and Instagram)
Blog Maintenance by David at ClickWP
Wordpress Hosting via A2 Hosting
Domain Registration via Hover